Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agricultural science or geography?

Options
  • 10-02-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Really struggling with a certain subject and failed my mock exam, but if i drop the subject i wont be able to get the points i need. Does anyone reckon I could pick up agricultural science within 4 months and get a good enough grade? I do biology and i read online that biology seems to over lap with agricultural science

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

.... and the project that is worth 25% is due in by 27th March..... which is to be supervised, signed off and graded by an agricultural science teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lizzyod

wish id done ag science

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alxa_Vexa

Go for it, I'm currently picking it up for the first time staying up all night tonight doing the project and learning the course for the mock tomorrow it overlaps with chem bio and geo , but you will have to sort out the project...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Alxa_Vexa wrote: »
    Go for it, I'm currently picking it up for the first time staying up all night tonight doing the project and learning the course for the mock tomorrow it overlaps with chem bio and geo , but you will have to sort out the project...

You will also have to make sure you are registered with the SEC to sit it, particularly if you are the only person in your school doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

if you know anything about farming and just think things logically you'd easily scrap a c1 in agri, if you really devote yourself into it you get an A, if you're gonna do it stick a LOT of pics in from a farm, especially on the crops, animal and identifications.. Your farm visit, make sure its detailed but to the point and make sure and use photos in your project of yourself in them!! it shows the examiner that you actually took part in the ag sci curriculum, dont forget you have to do an oral exam aswell. If you dont have pic get some off other people who have and get some of the cultivation and harvest of crops and maintance of the animal etc. (bare un mind this is coming from a farmer who wants to teach bio and agri and comes from a school where nearly half the class get A's and the lowest result is a C1) Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 alicia 9091

Which is easier Agricultural science or Geography?
    And also what other parts are there to Ag science than the actual Lc exam as im planning to move to the institute for 6th year and want to pick up an extra subject but idk which is more manageable

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Which is easier Agricultural science or Geography? And also what other parts are there to Ag science than the actual Lc exam as im planning to move to the institute for 6th year and want to pick up an extra subject but idk which is more manageable

Ag is grand if you've access to a farm or know the general runnings of it but if not then no. There's an interview in it with the folders and I think that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alicia 9091

Ag is grand if you've access to a farm or know the general runnings of it but if not then no. There's an interview in it with the folders and I think that's it

So would geography be a better option if i dont have any ideas on farms and their running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

So would geography be a better option if i dont have any ideas on farms and their running

Yeah id say it would although I can't say for sure as I don't do geography but ag does need a farm for the folders and a basic understanding at least

Advertisement