Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon FR: 2013 model

Options
  • 10-02-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a Seat leon FR, preferably 2013, first of the MQB platform models. There appears to be none in dealers and only a few over my budget 2014 demos. I had a look in the UK and there are a view but given the poor exchange rate and VRT these still work out very expensive. Anyone thinking of trading one in soon, with no more than 60000km give me a message. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

What's your budget? There's a few around, one in particular has about 90k km on it and is very cheap. Has been for sale in a couple of places mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

What's your budget? There's a few around, one in particular has about 90k km on it and is very cheap. Has been for sale in a couple of places mind.

Thanks, I have seen that car for sale for awhile but to be honest, the mileage is too high for me, I do about 30-40k a year so would rather something lower. My budget is 18k but I reckon could stretch to 19k for the right car!

It should be possible to get one, but there seems to be very little out there. Plenty of 141s but very little otherwise.

It should be possible to get one, but there seems to be very little out there. Plenty of 141s but very little otherwise.

Yea exactly. I love the FR, when they came out two years ago, I had it in my head that I would save and pick up a nice 2 year old one this year. Bit of a kick in the teeth when they arent out there. People must love them so much they dont want to part with them.... Might see about that one with 90k, the miles is alot more than i'd like but a years warranty probably still exists. Just fearful of things like turbos or that maybe needing replaced around the 120k point which could be outside of warranty at that stage.

It was about Feb or March when the first ones made it here, there might well be a few popping up for sale in the next month or two once the two years are up.

• Advertisement

It was about Feb or March when the first ones made it here, there might well be a few popping up for sale in the next month or two once the two years are up.

Yea that's what I was thinking. People might change after 2 yrs. However there hasn't been alot of change to the car since it launched so people might sit tight and besides I would imagine alot of the fr were sold on pcp which tends to be 3 yr cycles but will have to sit tight and hope! :)

If your budget was a bit higher I could flog you a lovely 184bhp one:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Try you luck and ring the Seat dealers, or better still call into them, you'd be pleasantly surprised at the value if you show real intent and cash .

Tried sending you a DM but your inbox must be full as it won't let it send

bs2014 wrote: »
    Tried sending you a DM but your inbox must be full as it won't let it send

Cleared!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

dont know if this is any good
    there is seat leon fr for sale in a sligo seat dealer 16945euro 55k on the clock
    martin rielly carraroe tel 071 9169099

mossy50 wrote: »
    dont know if this is any good
    there is seat leon fr for sale in a sligo seat dealer 16945euro 55k on the clock
    martin rielly carraroe tel 071 9169099

That's the one previously discussed.

That car is so much cheaper than the others that it might be worth a punt with the higher mileage. The engines in them are reliable so unless there was a massive gap in the service history I wouldn't be overly worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fastford

Likewise if his budget was a little higher I could try flog him a 2012 GTD :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

OP, you would be surprised what you can get waving a bundle of cash under the dealers nose.

That being said, I bought mine over the phone with a deposit on the credit card on the Monday after a test drive on the previous Saturday......

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭black123

Did you buy after ive one for sale now

I sure do. Have it nearly a year now and love it....

Advertisement