Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all Vouchers

Options
  • 09-02-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Can you cash these in. I've got 10 €100 One4all voucher. I'm saving for a car so looking to turn these into cash. Is this possible.

Someone told me you could cash them in the Post Office for €8 fee but I rang 2 Post offices and they said they don't.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can cash them in with One4All directly, phone them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Would you not just spend them? Most supermarkets take them. So those most clothes stores take them. Boots even takes them. You could just spend them on things you actually need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

L1011 wrote: »

Thanks do you know what the process is or what the fee would be?

hfallada wrote: »
    Would you not just spend them? Most supermarkets take them. So those most clothes stores take them. Boots even takes them. You could just spend them on things you actually need.

As I said in my post I'm saving for a car. This is my priority at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

He said he wants a car. €1000 towards a car would be very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I didn't know that, I wonder how much they charge for that.

Alternative you can try to sell them in Adverts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would you not just spend them? Most supermarkets take them.

A few Supervalus take them. No Tescos, no Dunnes, no Aldi, no Lidl, no bulk of Supervalu either.

A few Supervalus take them. No Tescos, no Dunnes, no Aldi, no Lidl, no bulk of Supervalu either.

Yeah I was suprised at that. I changed one into a prepaid credit card before so I could use it online.

Would be great for the car fund if I could turn them into cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Thanks do you know what the process is or what the fee would be?
    Have a read, it's all laid out there. Sect 9 explains the redemption process, Sect 5 for fees.
    http://www.one4all.ie/terms-conditions

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Have a read, it's all laid out there. Sect 9 explains the redemption process, Sect 5 for fees.
    http://www.one4all.ie/terms-conditions

That's great. So the fee is €8 per card. Don't think I could sell them for that. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

He said he wants a car. €1000 towards a car would be very helpful.

I know! But if she cashes them in. She will loss 8%. Or she could instead of spending €80-100 in boots and supervalue every week, use her vouchers instead and save that money towards a car. She is going to have to eat. She can choose to pay cash or you her vouchers. Either way she is going to have to spend something to live on

I know! But if she cashes them in. She will loss 8%. Or she could instead of spending €80-100 in boots and supervalue every week, use her vouchers instead and save that money towards a car. She is going to have to eat. She can choose to pay cash or you her vouchers. Either way she is going to have to spend something to live on

I don't shop in supervalue and rarily be in boots. I understand you point but its so hard to save and getting a lump sum like this is my best option,I'm not the best at budgeting.Losing 8% on something I got for free does not bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I don't shop in supervalue and rarily be in boots. I understand you point but its so hard to save and getting a lump sum like this is my best option,I'm not the best at budgeting.Losing 8% on something I got for free does not bother me.

But your other post says it's not something you could do, to lose 8%?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

athtrasna wrote: »
    But your other post says it's not something you could do, to lose 8%?

I think the op meant that they could not sell them for only an 8% loss on the likes of adverts. I would imagine the most you would get would be about €80 for a €100 card so a 20% loss.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That's fair enough, the other posters are giving you advice on how best to save for your big purchase but, not to be rude, you're actively throwing money away here. In the grand scheme of things €80 is not an awful lot of money, but when you're saving for a car it sure is - you'll have the car to buy, insurance to pay for, road tax to pay on the car and any other repairs/replacements (such as tires) so that €80 could be a great help down the line.

You got the advice you came here for at least, everything else is in addition to it, so best of luck saving up and hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Don't forget that you'll need insurance.

One Direct and AXA both take the vouchers.

Advertisement