Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

District 8 Function one not really working

Options
  • 09-02-2015 9:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

Sorry pasted the wrong draft
    Hi
    Just wondering has anyone noticed the very low levels of bass in District 8. As far as I know the Tivoli was shut down before for noise pollution, could be wrong about that as only heard it of someone but it's the only reason I can come up with for there being absolutely no kick of the PA.
    Was as at Surgeon/D.Clarke/Function. Even standing 5 feet from the bass bins for Clark and still nothing really, standing at the back of a packed main room in the pepper would have more bass. Standing anywhere else it's nearly non existint. For the Surgeon there was no where you could stand in order to feel any kick of the pa. It's there but you can't feel anything running through you. Nothing.
    They are clearly not turning the bins up or don't have enough. There is also no way they don't realise as I've seen Clarke many times in the pepper and the difference is highly noticeable.
    Just seeing has anyone else noticed cause I couldn't be the only one (well the person who goes to all the gigs with me also noticed straight away).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Could just be that the sound guy that night was ropey, I'd be very surprised if they let a dj do a full set over a broken p.a!

Meant to be heading into rødhad myself on Friday, will be sure to let you know how the sound is at that if you're not going yourself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Dubclub

Not broke at all just not load enough, you can't feel the base proper. If you go to Rohad you will defy know what i mean. Not the engineer been there 3 times since November. Would love to go to Rohad but not going to listen to that pa anymore. Very frustrating/disappointing. Len fake will sound muck, guaranteed.

Dubclub wrote: »
    Not broke at all just not load enough, you can't feel the base proper. If you go to Rohad you will defy know what i mean. Not the engineer been there 3 times since November. Would love to go to Rohad but not going to listen to that pa anymore. Very frustrating/disappointing. Len fake will sound muck, guaranteed.
    Talked it over with a mate of mine we're both engineers and the bass is probably turned right down because of the noise pollution trouble the tivoli had before district 8 was around so id say you're right mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

It's not as bad as you're making out, I've been there a few times. They can't have it up to Berghain levels in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

part of a good pa system is transparency, the engineer should try and ensure he/she makes the most of such a top sound system, bass doesn't necessarily have to be thumping into ones chest, depends on the sound system and funktion ones are among thee best, however, i have never been to district 8 so this is somewhat of a skeptical comment

• Advertisement

Was at rødhad, nothing wrong with the sound mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

Completely agree,

Thought the sound at Surgeon was a quite iffy as well to be honest, For a funktion one system it's not really living up to the standards it should have.

Going to give it a final verdict based on what Karenn sound like on May 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement