Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research into tax exemptions on sports books

Options
  • 09-02-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

I was doing a bit of research into a piece regarding tax exemptions in Ireland under the sports book category as in the artist tax where by one can claim a few thousand tax free after writing a book i.e Ronan O'Gara and George Hook.

However on the list of books I only noticed one book on the list relating to soccer which I thought amazing when one considers the number of players this country has produced over the years and especially the number of books written about their local football clubs etc. As it currently stands the book "The official book of the FAI Cup" is the only one under this tax exemption. Does anybody know if any other soccer books are included in this tax exemption?

Thanks,

*I think this was posted in the correct thread mod, if not could you please move it to the correct area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

They are generally published by uk publishers through companies set up for exploitation of intellectual property.

You have a piss poor tax consultant if you are electing to pay half your earnings in income tax

Advertisement