Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a crappy (expensive) dryer

Options
  • 09-02-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I recently (just >3weeks) bought a Hoover tumble dryer (vented) that takes absolutely forever to dry clothes. I put a smallish white wash in (small cot blankets and tshirts) and after 60 mins the lot comes out hot and dry... Until I take the bundle apart and the centre of the bundle is hot and damp. It's an 8kg dryer. My previous one was about 5kg and had no problem with this kind of bundle at 60mins.

That's not the only problem. It has sensors that are supposed to get things dry in Eco friendly time. But that always leaves things damp as well.

What are my rights in this situation? Will they just say to put it in for longer?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What does the manual say?
    Have you contacted the shop about it?
    Did you check the manufacturer website for info?

If it is not working as it should, then your rights are standard consumer rights - repair, replacement or refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

read the manual - check the trouble shooting page. Has fluff clogged up part of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Read the manual and see if it says anything in the troubleshooting section. Also it might be worth google the make and model and reading some of the customer reviews. Maybe others may have had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Get dryer balls

Best €10 i ever spent

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Get dryer balls

Best €10 i ever spent

I found slightly higher wear on clothes with them, but it was the only way to get stuff dried in less than 2 hours max time on an ancient Hotpoint dryer I had. Damp clothes vs. having to replace them maybe 5% sooner wasn't hard to decide on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement