Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very confused with rent supplement

Options
  • 09-02-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I got the rent supplement forms and I notice that a landlord needs to fill in the last few pages..?

Why is this so? I don't understand.
    Do I move in to a place I cant afford and THEN submit the forms?
    What if the place I move in to gets turned down and I get no rent supplement?
    How on earth does this work?

I cant find any info on this and am very confused...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Step one find a flat/house where the landlord will take RA,fill in forms submit to dept.Get approved then move in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Start here. Rates are here.

You have to have been renting privately for at least six months prior to applying for RA.

You have to find accommodation that is within the RA limits for your circumstances and your area, AND pay a maximum contribution towards your rent of E35 per week.

You will also have to have been assessed as being in need of housing by the Local Authority as well. Certainly, that is the case in Cork City, but others have stated they didn't need to be on the Housing List to apply. You need to check whether that applies to you.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DudeWithMCC

Thanks guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Start here. Rates are here.

You have to have been renting privately for at least six months prior to applying for RA.

You have to find accommodation that is within the RA limits for your circumstances and your area, AND pay a maximum contribution towards your rent of E35 per week.

You will also have to have been assessed as being in need of housing by the Local Authority as well. Certainly, that is the case in Cork City, but others have stated they didn't need to be on the Housing List to apply. You need to check whether that applies to you.

Hope this helps!

It is actually either or in law even in Cork! Took me and a friendly welfare complaint officer over 6 months to correct them on that when I moved to Cork a few years ago.. then the man said " We LIKE everyone to be on the list." Never a worry when I came here to Kerry thankfully.

Advertisement