Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Vegas Festival of Beer

Options
  • 09-02-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Well im gonna be in vegas for a week in april and theres a beer festival on while im out there. Anybody have any recomendations of some breweries/beers to go for. Ive had some of the beers from brewers like Kona, Dogfish, brooklyn etc but if anybody has any idea of some of the more obscure ones im happy to be a guinea pig :D

http://greatvegasbeer.com/fest/breweries/

*not even a thinly veiled brag...im going to vegas..woo. happy to do a trip report if anybody wants to nominate some brewers they want.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Well im gonna be in vegas for a week in april and theres a beer festival on while im out there. Anybody have any recomendations of some breweries/beers to go for. Ive had some of the beers from brewers like Kona, Dogfish, brooklyn etc but if anybody has any idea of some of the more obscure ones im happy to be a guinea pig :D

http://greatvegasbeer.com/fest/breweries/

*not even a thinly veiled brag...im going to vegas..woo. happy to do a trip report if anybody wants to nominate some brewers they want.

Ughh. Victory, Ballast Point, Oskar Blues, North Coast, Green Flash, sierra Nevada, Lagunitas.
    Stay at home and go play the slots in Bundoran instead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ipso wrote: »
    Ughh. Victory, Ballast Point, Oskar Blues, North Coast, Green Flash, sierra Nevada, Lagunitas.
    Yes but Ninkasi, Bruery, Lost Abbey, Stone.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yes but Ninkasi, Bruery, Lost Abbey, Stone.

Not a fan of Ninkasi, I had two of their beers and half of both of them went down the sink. I find Stone's hop profiles a bit rough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Stay at home and go play the slots in Bundoran instead.

Who pissed on your cornflakes :D

I would imagine with any festival some of the lineup aint gonna be for everybody but on the flip side there has to be some gems, it will be interesting to see if Rogue or Kona have any brews outside of the usual suspects we already get over here though.

Ive drank most of the local stuff and Big-Dogs-Red-Hydrant-Ale is worth a go.

Obviously I was being sarcastic, Beernut mentioned The Bruery and Alesmith, they are considered excellent.
    Another one is Clown Shoes.

Seeing you volunteered to be a guinea pig, keep an eye out for Black Diamond and try their IPA called Rampage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A few of the Black Diamond beers were sold here in recent years. Can't say I was too impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Obviously I was being sarcastic, Beernut mentioned The Bruery and Alesmith, they are considered excellent.

Seeing you volunteered to be a guinea pig, keep an eye out for Black Diamond and try their IPA called Rampage.

I know that hence the smiley..

The bruery and Alesmith are on the list aong with the Black diamond rampage although from last years list its not on there but will definitely keep an eye out.

Black Diamond Brewing Peak XV Imperial Porter 8.5
    Black Diamond Brewing White Witch India Pale Ale 6.3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Clown Shoes make amazing beers, as do Alesmith.

BeerNut wrote: »
    A few of the Black Diamond beers were sold here in recent years. Can't say I was too impressed.
    Steep Trail Amber Ale & Free Style Belgian style Blonde were a bit meh alright, but I did like Jagged Edge IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Fat Tire Amber Ale from New Belgium is purportedly delicious and a very easy going beer, or so my US friends claim. Can't verify these claims as never seen it over here and always too busy gulping the local stuff when I am in places abroad that might have it.

Fat Tyre is nice, if a little thin. New Belgiun have a few nice beers: Accumulatio White IPA, Ranger IPA and a Helles Lager.

• Advertisement
Advertisement