Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget plans for home energy

Options
  • 09-02-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Can anyone advise me on the best budget plan for home energy on the market at the moment.

Looking to have a dual fuel budget account set up where i pay the same amount every month by direct debit. I contacted airtricity but they want me to sign up first and they will work out a figure then.

Does anyone have this facility with any other supplier and is it working out well for them? How much does it cost? Living in dublin in 3 bed semi.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

teflon wrote: »
    How much does it cost?

It costs as much as you use!

sorry, but you really are in control of your own energy costs.
    It always amazes me the amount of people seems shocked or have no idea of their energy bills.

Do you have your last 12 months of energy bills per chance?
    These budget plans will take the average payment over the course of a year, with the intention to avoid those winter spikes and level off the summer lows.
    So, if you used €1,200 energy over the course of a year, expect a bill of €100 per month.
    If there's any sizeable fluctuation from this over the year in usage terms, they should recalculate.
    Just be sure to keep sending in actual readings.

I moved over to Airtricity recently on their gas and elec budget plan and found it fine so far. Got a €35 discount off the first bill which was handy, and rates look good compared to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭teflon

I wasnt asking how much would i be paying. I was asking how much people who are using this facility are paying!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It costs as much as you use!

sorry, but you really are in control of your own energy costs.
    It always amazes me the amount of people seems shocked or have no idea of their energy bills.

Do you have your last 12 months of energy bills per chance?
    These budget plans will take the average payment over the course of a year, with the intention to avoid those winter spikes and level off the summer lows.
    So, if you used €1,200 energy over the course of a year, expect a bill of €100 per month.
    If there's any sizeable fluctuation from this over the year in usage terms, they should recalculate.
    Just be sure to keep sending in actual readings.

I moved over to Airtricity recently on their gas and elec budget plan and found it fine so far. Got a €35 discount off the first bill which was handy, and rates look good compared to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I wasnt asking how much would i be paying. I was asking how much people who are using this facility are paying!

Does it matter?
    That info is pointless to you.
    everyone could say 100 pm, but it means nothing...

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Can anyone advise me on the best budget plan for home energy on the market at the moment.

Looking to have a dual fuel budget account set up where i pay the same amount every month by direct debit. I contacted airtricity but they want me to sign up first and they will work out a figure then.

Does anyone have this facility with any other supplier and is it working out well for them? How much does it cost? Living in dublin in 3 bed semi.

Many thanks

Noone can tell you a cost that's an impossible ask. You could be at home all day with every light on, multiple tvs, laundry appliances on the go and getting an answer from someone who barely sleeps in the house.

However I have level pay with Bord Gais, I'm in a 2 bed apartment and I pay €48 a month. They take your average usage from the previous 12 months and make that your monthly amount. After 12 months they will then adjust it up or down depending on the balance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement