Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Aquathon menu

Options
  • 09-02-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭

I know there is a lot of interest here in the various aquathon summer series so great to see the big names signed up again for hopefully another sunny summer of swimming and running.

Dates confirmed for the Bray series, Pulse Bull Wall series, and the Monday night Howth Challenge series, and nice to see a new 3-race series launching this summer from chip timing company Aplauda at Westood Clontarf (April 4th), South Bull Wall (June 6th), and Killiney Bay (July 25th).

Only grumble is Wicklow TC and Pulse seem to have been unable to avoid a clash on the same night for their opening race on Wednesday June 10th, and then back-to-back second races on July 8th & 9th which may mean an either/or selection for folks that would normally race both series which is a wee bit of a shame.

The 2nd annual Great Dublin Swim is confirmed for Sat July 18th - this was a great wee race last summer.

Any news on whether Belpark have managed to secure Scotsmans Bay for their club aquathon yet? This was a really well attended race last summer.

Also, I don't see any information about the 3D NAC-based aquathon series - is it going ahead Interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I've never done any of these events but hoping to do a few this summer - spotted the Howth ones recently, and the Pulse Bull Wall look good too

Hoping to do the Escape from Irelands Eye 2k in July also

Quick question regarding TI License - there's no mention of one being needed for Howth - but there is for Pulse - would that be €10 extra per event for the license? sorry not sure how much the actual events cost. I know you can join TI for €58.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Also, I don't see any information about the 3D NAC-based aquathon series - is it going ahead Interested?

Just in case he doesn't see this, yes it's going ahead, but just one race. Looking like 29th March (and in 50m format this year), I'll post more details when confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

paddyh117 wrote: »
    I've never done any of these events but hoping to do a few this summer - spotted the Howth ones recently, and the Pulse Bull Wall look good too

Hoping to do the Escape from Irelands Eye 2k in July also

Quick question regarding TI License - there's no mention of one being needed for Howth - but there is for Pulse - would that be €10 extra per event for the license? sorry not sure how much the actual events cost. I know you can join TI for €58.

You wont need a TI License for Howth as it is not (or at least has not been) a TI event but for Pulse you require a one day licence per event, if it is a tenner then a tenner per event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Spot on. The Howth challenge series is a non-TI series so insurance is covered in the entry price. Cracking series even if it is a little more expensive. Good to see a new series make its debut which means at least the east coast is going to have something like a dozen aquathons over the summer.

Thanks Basster. 50m format is great news, it got a bit clogged up in the diving pool last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Fingal Tri Aquathon in Balbriggan on 28th May

http://www.fingaltri.ie/balbriggan-summerfest-aquathon

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

The Howth Series and Escape from Ireland swim are now both open

http://howthaquathon.com/joomla/

I've never done either, but €35 for the 3 events in Howth seems like great value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Great event alright. Very handy on a Monday night as well, doesn't clash with anything else on the calendar. All 3 races last summer were in sunshine and warm water.

The Escape from Ireland's Eye swim can be a bit mad depending on conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Galway Aquathon Festival July 11th includes National Championships in children's / junior and long course races. Entries open on Ti

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Fingal Tri Aquathon in Balbriggan on 28th May

http://www.fingaltri.ie/balbriggan-summerfest-aquathon

Quick reminder for people this is on tomorrow evening. I've signed up for it and should be a good event.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best ones on the calendar :)
    Completely clash with Bray ones this year I think.

http://www.pulsetri.com/club-races/pulse-bull-wall-aquathlon-series/

Advertisement