Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate salary question

Options
  • 09-02-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi folks,

So I'm in talks with the company that I did my third year work placement with to come back to work with them as a developer. The work placement went grand and they said that they were extremely impressed with my performance and all that jazz. So they are pretty eager to get me on board and had offered me a job on the spot before I left, but I wanted to do a bit of thinking about it so rescheduled. Anyway my question is, what should I be looking for wage wise?

It's an android development gig in cork and I've already had 6 months with the company as a tester.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Have a look at this. Should give you an idea of what you can expect to get paid with less than 1 years experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

If it's in Dublin I'd go for 32k. Seems to be common for grads.

Unless it's a small company, maybe 30k if so.

EDIT: Sorry just read it's Cork, not sure what it's like down there but I've heard you'd be expecting less due to lower costs of living/smaller city etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Then again being Cork, it is simply a privilege to work there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

EDIT: Sorry just read it's Cork, not sure what it's like down there but I've heard you'd be expecting less due to lower costs of living/smaller city etc.

Interesting.

I'm on the lookout for a graduate web developer role but they don't seem to be particularly plentiful across the board. Any recommendations as to who usually take on?

Not hijacking the thread, but 30k would be my guess for such a starting role.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Have a look at the survey I posted above. Covers the major cities such as Dublin, Cork and Galway. It would also give an idea of what you should be making given your level of experience and technologies you work with, such as Java, C, .NET etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement