Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy lease termination time period

Options
  • 09-02-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I have a house which is rented out to RAS and are just finishing our 2nd 4 year contract with them but we are now in discussions with the bank for handing it back to them.

What length of time do we have to give to the tenants before they have to move out, is it a case of 112 days as they are there more than 4 years?

do you reckon RAS would be willing to keep the contract going temporarily until they can move the tenants to another home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

If, under a RAS tenancy you have to register that tenancy with the PRTB then I think the tenants have the security of the RTA 2004. Therefore, 112 days notice would be correct.

If your RAS agreement expires while the tenants are still living in the house you would have to check with the particular council as to what will happen. Will they continue to pay the rent even though you have no agreement with them.

I'm sure you have your written agreement with the council; contact the relevant person immediately.

Advertisement