Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nos Alive Portugal July 2015

Options
  • 08-02-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Anybody going this year or has anyone been before?

Trying to decide where to stay.

Not camping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

CKrules wrote: »

Not camping.

I went a couple of years ago. Stayed in a hotel in the Rossio area which central Lisbon. Got the train back and forth to the festival site each day. Trains run pretty much all night (certainly to around 4.30am if i recall correctly).

Excellent festival, can't recommend it highly enough. Gimme a shout if you've anymore questions

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭CKrules

tombren wrote: »
    I went a couple of years ago. Stayed in a hotel in the Rossio area which central Lisbon. Got the train back and forth to the festival site each day. Trains run pretty much all night (certainly to around 4.30am if i recall correctly).

Excellent festival, can't recommend it highly enough. Gimme a shout if you've anymore questions

Thanks for that.

Is it just beer there or anything else?

Can't be dealing with the beer in the sun.

Went to Benicassim last year and they had a Mojito bar. That was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Went last year and stayed in Yes Hostel. Excellent location for the city, and only about a ten min walk to the train which brings you out to the festival.

They had beer, but also a few cocktail (mixed drink) bars.

Excellent festival that was great value for all the acts last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

I was there in 2010, great festival, Really well laid out only a short walk between stage . you can get sangria at all the beer stalls there was a vodka bar too as far as i remember

We camped so cant help you on the accommodation front

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

CKrules wrote: »

Not camping.
    Been to it twice, it's fantastic. Getting a taxi after the arctic monkeys was absolute chaos though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Hi,

Looking into this festival now. Thinking of opting for the camping side of things as the pictures look class with the swimming pool etc. There seems to be alot of trees so I would imagine you would be sheltered from the awful heat or would a hotel be better? The reason for staying at the campsite would be the craic that wouldnt be ay the hotel! Also , Can you bring alcohol into the venue? Can you bring alcohol into the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 garglegar

wacotaco wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking into this festival now. Thinking of opting for the camping side of things as the pictures look class with the swimming pool etc. There seems to be alot of trees so I would imagine you would be sheltered from the awful heat or would a hotel be better? The reason for staying at the campsite would be the craic that wouldnt be ay the hotel! Also , Can you bring alcohol into the venue? Can you bring alcohol into the campsite?

Hi there's a group of us going too and camping , would love to know about the alcohol too!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

wacotaco wrote: »
    Hi,

garglegar wrote: »
    Hi there's a group of us going too and camping , would love to know about the alcohol too!

I was there last year so hopefully I can help you out a bit.....

You can bring alcohol onto the campsite, glass bottles aren't supposed to be allowed but plenty of people brought them in with no problems.

You can't bring alcohol into the venue and expect a thorough search going in.

The campsite is the best I've a experienced at a festival, as mentioned it has a pool, bar, mini restaurant, supermarket, proper showers and toilets. Most (if not all) of the camping area is shaded by trees which is a huge bonus as it keeps you relatively cool in the mornings. The craic on the campsite was also great and we met a lot of interesting characters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 garglegar

I was there last year so hopefully I can help you out a bit.....

You can bring alcohol onto the campsite, glass bottles aren't supposed to be allowed but plenty of people brought them in with no problems.

You can't bring alcohol into the venue and expect a thorough search going in.

The campsite is the best I've a experienced at a festival, as mentioned it has a pool, bar, mini restaurant, supermarket, proper showers and toilets. Most (if not all) of the camping area is shaded by trees which is a huge bonus as it keeps you relatively cool in the mornings. The craic on the campsite was also great and we met a lot of interesting characters. :)

That's great thanks for the info! Getting very excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

went last year just me and the wife going again this year but a group of 6 we had a great time last year

staying in the ibis hotel straight across from the campsite

great festival good weather cheap beer what not too like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

How far is the Campsite from the arena? Also , can you leave and come from the arena as you wish? There are a few acts earlier in the day which I'd like to catch however I'd then rather return to the campsite for the craic before the main headliners.

Cheers!

Advertisement