Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyanide????

Options
  • 08-02-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

The OP is looking for an alternative to cyanide.

Hopefully they will post details and we can help out.

Otherwise I'll close the thread.

Thanks,

SOL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

No and no, this is not an appropriate topic - people offering help in this endeavour will be banned.

However, OP if you would like to tell us what your plan is for the cyanide, maybe we could offer you alternatives that are less dangerous... I will leave the post open to this end...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Unless you're somebody involved in chemical research or industry or a lab of some kind, I'd be surprised if you can.

Mind you, if you were involved in research or industry or a lab, then you'd probably have access to a chemical company, so I'd imagine they could tell you where to get it.

I'm curious; why do you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Just use sweet almonds instead of the bitter ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

Its ok everyone. I have some on the way. I just need it for some toothache.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

janet1989 wrote: »
    ... I just need it for some toothache.

Oh that's OK, then.

Because, as everybody knows, the first choice treatment for toothache is not a painkiller, nor an anti-inflammatory, nor an appointment to see a dentist, nor even simple Oil of Cloves.

No, the first choice is a famously toxic chemical.

So toxic, in fact, that it is the first choice of chemical for:
    • The killing of vermin in their lairs.
    • Suicide pills for spies who would rather not be captured alive.
    • Gas for poison chambers for those who wish to wipe out 6 million people who happen to have a different religion.

I would love to know who recommended to the OP that she should use this chemical for her toothache.
    I'd also love to know exactly how she plans on administering it to herself.
    And I'd also love to know from what source she has "some on the way."

OP; if you're still alive after the weekend, will you please come back and answer these questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

This is gold!

The only reference I can find to cyanide as a cure for toothache is actually a case where there was evidence the defendant had tricked his wife into ingesting some as a cure.

Here's the link to the Google Books site.

I've attached the relevant part of the book.

OP, if you're seriously considering taking cyanide as a cure for toothache, perhaps you should reconsider.

If, on the other hand, you're hoping to convince someone else it's a cure for toothache, asking where to get some on a public forum is not the brightest idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Okay, I'm not really sure how seriously to take this, but in fairness to the OP, if you don't already know, and I hope you do, Cyanide will kill you.
    A dose in the range of 100mg of sodium cyanide is likely to be lethal - under no circumstances should you place cyanide anywhere near your mouth (or really yourself in general).

You may already know this, in which case I recommend you should call the samaritans (091) 561 222 or visit www.samaritans.org/ there are lots of people out there who can help you if you need it.

I would also be interested to know where your cyanide is coming from? Could this be a case of mistaken chemical identity?

Let us know!

Advertisement