Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need To Move to Cork (Douglas) for 4 months - advice on short-term accomodation?

Options
  • 08-02-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have to move to Cork (Douglas area for preference) for a minimum of four months from next Month.

Apart from daft and myhome - not showing anything about short term leases - would anyone have any suggestions on a house or 2 bed apt to rent short term for this time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

You could try gumtree.ie, they have houseshare and short-term accommodation sections. Had a look now though, and there didn't seem to be very much there. Otherwise, the Evening Echo paper used to be the goto place when house-hunting (at least it was back in my student days, no idea about now).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

My parents may have a room to rent rochestown area I could ask if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Esho

Milly33 wrote: »
    My parents may have a room to rent rochestown area I could ask if you like

Thank you very much! Much appreciated, but we will have to rent a house/ apt (family with 2 children).

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Have you tried airbnb - someone might be interested in a longer term arrangement rather than the usual weekend/week?

Ohhh I see,darn they actually have like three rooms but two are taken at the moment.. Daft and Myhome are really the best. Could chance rose properties they are good too. Stay away miles away from choices whatever you do.. Id say to be honest unless you are willing to pay it is going to be quite pricey..

Could chance maybe some of the hotels that would have rental houses. I think the rochestown park had some or they do for staff could chance asking there..

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ohhh I see,darn they actually have like three rooms but two are taken at the moment.. Daft and Myhome are really the best. Could chance rose properties they are good too. Stay away miles away from choices whatever you do.. Id say to be honest unless you are willing to pay it is going to be quite pricey..

Could chance maybe some of the hotels that would have rental houses. I think the rochestown park had some or they do for staff could chance asking there..

Thank you very much - that is really helpful. I'll do that - much appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The Rochestown Park hotel has some houses in the grounds so they may be willing to do a deal. It might be worth contacting a few estate agents and asking if they are selling houses (particularly investment properties) that maybe the owners might be willing to let the place for four months while the property is on the market.

Thanks everyone.

We followed Miaireland 's advice and got sorted - a 3 bed for 4 months for 1,000 pm :-)

Great stuff all sorted then.. Hope the stay is nice, if your looking for anymore help let us know

Advertisement