Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing aids

Options
  • 08-02-2015 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    I have been advised that I require a hearing aid, my problem is I don't know where to buy it. I've visited many shops and all of them have some sort of gimmick going, free for first 3 months or 500 off. I didn't get a sense from any of them that they am expertise in their field more like pushy salespeople. Unlike a proper optician who you trust to prescribe the correct lens.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing forum. Should get some good advice there.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 28,065 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I would not worry too much about the 'special offers' - Specsavers do two for one offers with specs but they are still competent opticians. You are right to ask around for information about hearing aid suppliers though, some offer more sophisticated aids than others, this can account for the difference in cost.

You can get a free check with any of them, try them and see which you find most comfortable with. Be warned, Hidden Hearing are very very persistent at following up enquiries, even without the check :( I have heard good reports of their service though. I used Bonavox and have been entirely satisfied. I was not convinced by Specsavers' service, even though I always get glasses from there.

Be prepared to spend some time getting your hearing aid adjusted to you, it can take a while to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

Pm sent

Advertisement