Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of spray wheels and slip on exhaust

Options
  • 07-02-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I just sold my bike this afternoon, im looking at buying a cbr600f. There are two i like the look of, one is in a dealer for 3500, red silver and black with a micron exhaust. Looks pretty mint but its quite expensive.

The other one is all black with a standard exhaust. If i was going to buy it id like to change the exhaust as i dont like the sound of them or even the look. Id also like to spray the wheels gold i really like the look of all black bikes with some gold bits on them like wheels and brake levers. The guy wants 2850 for that bike so im just wondering how much it would end up costing.

I have had a look about online and new exhausts are fairly pricy, maybe 300 euro up to 500 for some of them, id happily get a used one of i could find one, not sure how hard that would be though. And then i presume it would not cost too much to get the wheels done. I know you can get a whole car sprayed for well under a grand, it couldnt be much more than a couple hundred for two wheels?? Maybe gold paid is expensive..

I need to make my mind up asap as id like to pick one of them up on Monday morning as if i dont then it will be very difficult to for a couple weeks and im dreading the idea of having to get the bus into work, i dont mind one day of it if im going for a few drinks or something but two to three weeks of it daily would be a nightmare.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

http://www.tallaghtpowdercoating.ie/ powder coated my wheels for €80, great finish as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

80 each or total? Either way its pretty cheap! Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Will Tallaght take off the tyres, remove bearings and discs and blast them for 80..???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

Europlates in Dunboyne were always very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Will Tallaght take off the tyres, remove bearings and discs and blast them for 80..???

I'd like to know too ^^^

• Advertisement

I rang them earlier today, i have decided not to go with the gold thing as there is too much silver on the bike so i didnt really ask them about that but from what he said it sounded more like you give them stuff ready to sand blast. Minimum price is 80 euro + vat for anything, 80 per wheel. I was asking how much it would be to do the break and clutch levers and the grab rail, 80 for the three of them though it would be 80 for six small things.

Also if anyone is looking for a cheap exhaust someone on biker.ie recomended the following

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-200mm-Round-Stainless-Steel-Silencer-Exhaust-Kit-Honda-CBR600-F1-F6-01-06-/281238217455?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item417b1aa2ef

Reading about them online people seem pretty happy with them and they are very affordable compared to a most of the ones i have seen for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

rowanh wrote: »
    Also if anyone is looking for a cheap exhaust someone on biker.ie recomended the following

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-200mm-Round-Stainless-Steel-Silencer-Exhaust-Kit-Honda-CBR600-F1-F6-01-06-/281238217455?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item417b1aa2ef

Reading about them online people seem pretty happy with them and they are very affordable compared to a most of the ones i have seen for sale.

Slip on end can maybe, but their full systems have come in for a lot of flak on the VFR owners club website.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GoTilUBlow

Have a 600f myself.
    Danmoto Moto GP end can off of ebay cost 200 snots.
    Powder coat of wheels 180 with tallaght.
    Allow at least 50 or so to get tyres/bearings/valves off and back.
    Also allow for bearing replacement just in case.

So allow about 500 minimum for wheels/exhaust - more if you want a fancy can.

However, exhaust and end can were just the start, every bike is a work in progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

GoTilUBlow wrote: »
    Allow at least 50 or so to get tyres/bearings/valves off and back.
    Also allow for bearing replacement just in case.

Why would you reuse wheel bearings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Why would you reuse wheel bearings?

Why not....if theyre good, why replace them..???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why not....if theyre good, why replace them..???
    In my experience bearings wear in a particular way, once you disturb them and put them in again they start to wear faster. You will never get them in exactly the same way again.
    Plus the removal process usually involves hitting the bearing with a drift.
    I don't have any problem with reusing bearings, but wheel bearings aren't usually that expensive and if they fail it can be a bad experience.

Advertisement