Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might be moving to Boyle soon

Options
  • 07-02-2015 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I dont know the area too well but I might be moving there for work soon. I wanted to get peoples opinions on what's good/bad about the place?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I dont know the area too well but I might be moving there for work soon. I wanted to get peoples opinions on what's good/bad about the place?

Its a nice little town, a lot of the pubs have closed though and very few young fellas left in the place with them all gone away to college, if your a young fella you might be better off in Sligo or carrick

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DatHoneyBadger

Its a nice little town, a lot of the pubs have closed though and very few young fellas left in the place with them all gone away to college, if your a young fella you might be better off in Sligo or carrick

I am young but I am not much of a drinker and actually prefer the quiet so I'm happy to hear that! Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

It's a major UFO hotspot!!!

It's a major UFO hotspot!!!

Hahaha It's the Roswell of Ireland I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Its a town on the decline over the last few years, I've been told it used to be a great town but its a ****hole now to be honest.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Its a town on the decline over the last few years, I've been told it used to be a great town but its a ****hole now to be honest.

Its not that bad compared to some of the othrer towns in ros like ros town or castlerea, its a fairly nice looking town, I agree that its on decline but the fella said hes not into drinking so. I dont think hed mind too much that theres a few of the pubs gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Its not that bad compared to some of the othrer towns in ros like ros town or castlerea, its a fairly nice looking town, I agree that its on decline but the fella said hes not into drinking so. I dont think hed mind too much that theres a few of the pubs gone

I wouldn't class it as a million miles away from Castlerea to be honest, OP I'd avoid Boyle and move to Carrick if your moving to the area

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

What is in Boyle to do for a none drinker to do??. I have only drove through Boyle never stopped in it.

I wouldn't class it as a million miles away from Castlerea to be honest, OP I'd avoid Boyle and move to Carrick if your moving to the area

Carrick is a nice spot alright, castlerea is pure cat, nothing to it accept the prison, boarded up houses and fellas looking for scraps any time I was drinking there

cena wrote: »
    What is in Boyle to do for a none drinker to do??. I have only drove through Boyle never stopped in it.

I have been to Forest Park before which was really cool. I could see myself spending allot of time down there weather permitting.

• Advertisement

Would you mind expanding on that a bit? What is bad about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Boyle's is an ok town ,nicer place to live than Castlerea.There isn't much to do but its similar to most regional towns .Carrick is dead during the week but would be livlier during the weekend.
    If your work will be based in Boyle town probably as well to live there than having to travel every morning.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Boyle's is an ok town ,nicer place to live than Castlerea.There isn't much to do but its similar to most regional towns .Carrick is dead during the week but would be livlier during the weekend.
    If your work will be based in Boyle town probably as well to live there than having to travel every morning.

The rent might be a bit cheaper in boyle too cos it doesnt get any tourists and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was born and reared in Boyle, lived there for the first 31 years of my life.

There are some things going on socially, but not a lot admittedly. Carrick on Shannon is only over the road though, a ten minute drive. Boyle has really fantastic scenery, and the people are great, very welcoming.

Advertisement