Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jansport backpack - lifetime warranty

Options
  • 06-02-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey everyone, maybe somebody could help me on this one.

So I bought a Jansport Backpack <SNIP> about a year ago. One of the straps actually broke so I returned it to the place of purchase(<SNIP>) and they sent it to the manufacturer (as agreed under the warranty ). They informed me it would take a month, problem is that was 29th of November last year which is almost 10 weeks ago now. They have taken my contact details and never rang me once. So I actually had to call into the shop 3 times now and they still can't seem to track the backpack .

I am just wondering does anybody know how I could go about solving this and getting my backpack back?

Thanks a million in advance

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I'd put all that in writing and send it to the shop manager. 10 weeks is an unreasonably long time for a resolution even with Christmas in between. In the letter give them a couple of weeks to return your bag repaired, provide you with a replacement bag or give a refund (not store credit) otherwise you will take them to the Small Claims Court. The fact they returned the bag to the manufacturer is not really relevant as the obligation is on the shop to deal with the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marwin123

Thats sounds like a good idea , thanks for your help, greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement