Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone considering Primary teaching in Dubai/UAE?!

Options
  • 06-02-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am a qualified primary school teacher and have yet to complete the H.Dip. With the current situation in Ireland, I am considering heading to Dubai or UAE. The only thing possibly holding me back is the thoughts of going alone.

Is there anyone considering heading as well?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Edvectus

the UAE is really cracking down on qualifications particularly Abu Dhabi. If you have a Bachelors of Education you are golden. If you have a degree and HDIP some schools will have trouble hiring you at the primary level. If you don't have teacher registration/qualification from Ireland then you can only go one place that I know of - which is SABIS schools. Somehow hey can hire unqualified teachers.

just be careful - you don't want to go to a school that hires you without a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aoifeo23

Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone else applied with someone else (filled their details in the application for as well say a spouse who has also applied) and only one of ye have received feedback.

Myself and my partner applied and while I have had an interview he has heard nothing? just wondering too I wasn't told anything about a second skype interview just what location suits me best for a face to face interview. Are the second skype interviews mandatory? The last individual interviewing had 0 interest in being there, she didn't even have my application and questionnaire form!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jagog09

Billy1993 wrote: »
    Hi, I am a qualified primary school teacher and have yet to complete the H.Dip. With the current situation in Ireland, I am considering heading to Dubai or UAE. The only thing possibly holding me back is the thoughts of going alone.

Is there anyone considering heading as well?!

Hi,

Yea I'm in the same boat. I qualified as primary teacher just there in Scotland but thinking of moving to Dubai. I've no hdip done and doesn't look to be much happening around here. I was planning to go with something others (primary and secondary) but they have kinda pulled out.
    I don't really wanna head on my own either but it could be January before I go. Might see how jobs look in winter months first.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Just go go go!! I'm going by myself, PM me if you want to.

Advertisement