Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appropriate hourly wage

Options
  • 06-02-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been hired in a part-time capacity in a management role (my title is supervisor) for a typical branded convenience store in suburban Dublin. Would I be correct in believing that such a role, with greater responsibility, would demand more than minimum wage? We have not yet discussed wages, but I want to know where I ought to stand. I'm a student but do have experience as an assistant manager in a similar retail store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

No you are not correct, there is no requirement to pay you more than minimum wage for a supervisors role or indeed a management role regardless of the level of responsibility. However if there wasn't any increase in pay then the employer would struggle to find anyone to take on the role

Advertisement