Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused on the spelling of this surname

Options
  • 06-02-2015 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I am pretty confused on the spelling of this surname! (Noade) I met this girl with such a surname, she was from Cork, I asked her how is it spelt in Irish and she wouldn't say, saying oh you can guess that one for yourself and I said ahh go on and said I'll find it on the Internet anyway and she said good luck with that!

A few weeks later (more than a few) we're still talking but she won't say how it's spelt and it's not anywhere on the Internet! So I thought I'd try boards.ie to see if anyone here knows, I was thinking maybe it's spelt the same way as Nous (Nowd) it sounds the same and it's spelt Ó Nuad, does anyone know the answer? :)
    Thanks,
    Thomas C
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Maybe it is not an Irish name. In any event why do you not accept the name she calls herself.

Advertisement