Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences of Jaw surgery

Options
  • 05-02-2015 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I had braces years ago when I was a teenager to corect overcrowding, a too narrow upper palate and an open bite. The orthodontist at the time said that I could either have surgery to correct my jaw or get braces. My parents decided to go with the latter option. My teeth are still straight but my upper palate is narrow again and I still have discomfort with my jaw. I am thinking of looking into getting jaw surgery to rectify the cause of the problems. I would like some advice or information from people who have had this surgery....how much did it cost? How long did the whole process take? Were there any adverse effects? How long ago did you have the surgery and how happy/satisfied are you with it now? Would you recommend it to somebody else with the same issue? I know I would have to speak to a surgeon/orthodontist etc but I would still like to hear about peoples' experiences with this issue and procedure and particularly about how it worked out in the long term. Any info is greatly appreciated! :-)

Advertisement