Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft hologram

Options
  • 05-02-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

So myself and another lad at work were having a chat about Microsoft hologram and the possibilities and we came to talk about aviation,

Does anyone here foresee a time when an ATC controller (most likely ground) might put on a Hologram headset and be able to see the aircraft callsign above each aircraft simply by looking out the tower window at them (for lack of a better comparison - similar to FSX or X-plane or general video games).

I wouldn't think it could be used for tower, approach etc,
    But does anyone think there are uses for the technology in the industry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

we have all the tools we need, augmented reality has been around for a while.. I suppose the reason it hasn't been introduced is because controllers much rather have everything on a compact screen in front of them rather having to turn their heads around looking for aircraft or what not... they need a whole picture not just detailed look on one or two aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to Virtual Flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

nothing to do with virtual flying me thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Not really but Andy moved it here, given the reception it's gotten ye might aswell delete the thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement