Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your January Wildcard regrets 2015.

Options
  • 05-02-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

So in the words of the song....'If I could turn back time'.....
    what WC regrets can you see yourself mulling over in the weeks to come?...
    I am on WC this week but regret I am about .2 off affording a decent fifth midfielder...don't want to go with likes of Lucas.
    I know I have lost value by holding onto likes of Sanchez in last fortnight. He better play this wkd:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sanchez confirmed out.

Therefore I regret not selling him for Cazorla on wildcard last week.

Would be 15 points better of already, and banking my transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Too early to tell. Of course having Cazorla and Bellerin in my early WC and then ditching looks like a mistake but it's only been one GW. Pelle will go down as the biggest if he keeps blanking and Kane punishes me again. I got PvA autosub from Sanchez so am fine with that decision especially given the info we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

my main regret the week after was buying Walcott instead of Sanchez.........may not end up too bad now.
    played it too early though . shud have stuck with the plan of playing it after fa cup weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Played it a week too early. Team not looking great now with Downing, Puncheon and Sanchez in midfield. Plan had been Downing out the week after but Costa injury scuppered that.
    It is what it is though and I've just got to deal with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

FHFC wrote: »
    Sanchez confirmed out.

Was of a like mind last wk....and chickened out of doing it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Sanchez confirmed out.

I did it myself at the last minute.
    With Sanchez out this week, I think I will keep the free transfer, see if I can do a double next week with Sanchez back in and, at the same time, keeping Cazorla .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Pellè (had Kane longtime) +

not replacing Sanchez with Cazorla (only 1GW out I guessed...) +

alderweild (...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Played it just before the deadline on Saturday. Regrets:

Replacing Kane with Pelle.

Not replacing Sanchez with Cazorla, in light of the team news ahead of this weekend.

G1032 wrote: »
    Played it a week too early. Team not looking great now with Downing, Puncheon and Sanchez in midfield. Plan had been Downing out the week after but Costa injury scuppered that.
    It is what it is though and I've just got to deal with it now.

Yeah, individual decisions aside I think I'd be much better off had I waited till this week. My defence was ropey and with Costa and Sanchez out I pulled the trigger a week earlier than planned.

My alternative as posted in the wildcard thread was below. In fairness Ziegler recommended I hold on as below.

The team I was going to tide over with would have scored 64. My wildcard team scored 60 and I'm buggered this week.
    My defence is in rag order, I've no United cover v Leicester. Would prefer to keep wildcard to the very last week, but should I pull the trigger now on this?

Green, Hamer,
    Terry(MCI), Trippier(sun), Hutton (ars), Duff(dropped),Dummet (inj)
    Sanchez, Hazard, Silva, Sterling, Downing
    Aguero, Kane, Costa

The only way I could see tiding it to over till next week would be Dummet for PVA (BUR) and line up with...

Terry, Trippier, PVA
    Sanchez, Haz, Downing/Silva, Sterling
    Aguero, Kane, Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pelle.
    Not going with Bellerin over Bertrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yeah, individual decisions aside I think I'd be much better off had I waited till this week. My defence was ropey and with Costa and Sanchez out I pulled the trigger a week earlier than planned.

My alternative as posted in the wildcard thread was below. In fairness Ziegler recommended I hold on as below.

The team I was going to tide over with would have scored 64. My wildcard team scored 60 and I'm buggered this week.

My pre WC team was something like 53 plus whatever transfer I made plus whomever I captained (so if I did Costa to Giroud(c), 73 points). I'm still happy I played it; I had every piece of information I wanted bar deadline day when nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I would say it's too early to call moves regrets to be honest. Pelle could score a hat trick this weekend (I live in hope!).

Last season I took out Cabaye and was kicking myself. He scored two and my wildcard team had a poor week. They then proceeded to propel me up to around 300 in the world.

All is not lost yet folks.

My pre WC team was something like 53 plus whatever transfer I made plus whomever I captained (so if I did Costa to Giroud(c), 73 points). I'm still happy I played it; I had every piece of information I wanted bar deadline day when nothing happened.

Been dreading doing that calculation all week but knew I'd have to do it eventually :)

In fairness that post and your advice were before Sanchez and Costa being out. Even if I had been set to go with the patched up team it would have taken some determination to go without those 2 starting Hutton and Downing in a 442!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'll come back to it in another 3 or 4 gameweeks, but Bertrand over Bellerin, Pelle over Kane and Eriksen over Silva look to be heading that way after one week! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Debuchy the obvious one, getting injured straight away. ADM to a certain extent-10 points in 3 games since I got him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ADM...and now I'm stuck with him with more pressing transfers to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

No regrets yet, but then I am only playing my wildcard This weekend so will check back in on Monday after Rooneys hat trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

For me it was a toss up between Bertrand and Clyne. I regret this but there's no way I could have foreseen what happened.

I also regret choosing Di Maria over Silva at the moment but I have this feeling that ADM will come good yet. However if I didn't have the Bertrand situation to sort out, I'd have brought Silva in this week.

But as Lemlin said, it's probably too early for regrets yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

I talked myself into putting Drogba upfront instead of Kane. Needless to say I switched that last weekend and have solid team again. I captained ADM over carzola which was a bummer but carzola kept me in cup so cant complain.

DeGea (panti)

Gardos, jones, clichy
    ADM, sterling, carzola, oscar
    pelle, kane, aguero

(Larsson baird, J o Shea)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

LucidLife wrote: »
    I talked myself into putting Drogba upfront instead of Kane. Needless to say I switched that last weekend and have solid team again. I captained ADM over carzola which was a bummer but carzola kept me in cup so cant complain.

DeGea (panti)

Gardos, jones, clichy
    ADM, sterling, carzola, oscar
    pelle, kane, aguero

(Larsson baird, J o Shea)

Don't think gar dos will play

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Some (like Bertrand) were unforseeable so I don't mind them. But I chose two players on fixtures over form, Pelle and Rooney (for Costa), transferring out Kane, and I bitterly regret them. However Bellerin, PVA and Cazorla were successes so I can't complain.

A niggling regret is Sanchez. If I knew he was going to miss 2-3 matches (and I now know it may be only 1, and I've taken him out already) I'd have transferred him out for Silva or Sterling, but the word was he was going to have a fitness test, implying a one game injury, and it fooled me.

Advertisement