Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agreed price on phone - UPC

Options
  • 05-02-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a contract with UPC and I signed up to a deal over the phone at a set price. It then transpired that UPC were charging me a different price. When I queried it and got UPC to listen to that call, they admitted they stated the wrong price, now they will not give me the deal at the agreed price and just claim it was a mistake.

Do UPC have to honour the deal that I agreed to?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

They dont have to honour it, but I doubt they can enforce the contract either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Vahevala wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a contract with UPC and I signed up to a deal over the phone at a set price. It then transpired that UPC were charging me a different price. When I queried it and got UPC to listen to that call, they admitted they stated the wrong price, now they will not give me the deal at the agreed price and just claim it was a mistake.

Do UPC have to honour the deal that I agreed to?

You should speak to the guys who represent upc here on boards. I have found them brilliant to deal with. If they admit that their wrong ask them to credit your account or to be refunded. You should be able to leave your contract without penalty because you agreed a price that is no longer being offered.

Advertisement