Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embassy Job Interview Attire

Options
  • 05-02-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All

I have an interview in an embassy coming up soon and I am stuck on what to wear. This is my dream place to work so I dont want to come across all messy etc. I'm 25 and this is a big deal for me.

I have a lovely formal dress that I wore to a MA graduation a few years ago, knee length dark navy with a hint of cream in it. I was hoping this with tights and heels etc...

Could anyone help please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd say business formal - a pant or skirt suit with a tailored shirt, natural makeup, and clean and tidy hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭fits

Hi All

I have an interview in an embassy coming up soon and I am stuck on what to wear. This is my dream place to work so I dont want to come across all messy etc. I'm 25 and this is a big deal for me.

I have a lovely formal dress that I wore to a MA graduation a few years ago, knee length dark navy with a hint of cream in it. I was hoping this with tights and heels etc...

Could anyone help please.

Sounds perfect. You could get a blow dry as well if not great at styling your own hair. ( like me)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sounds great but I'd need to see the dress or similar?
    Maybe a suit jacket over it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I've worn a dress with heels and a nice suit jacket/blazer to interview (and got the job ;)).

Make sure it's still knee length with heels!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Hi OP,

I've moved your thread to Fashion and Appearance.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement