Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Prime

Options
  • 04-02-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Might as well throw up a thread for info on the upcomming upc prime.
    Thread for new releases and updates on when its available ect
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

bpb101 wrote: »
    Might as well throw up a thread for info on the upcomming upc prime.
    Thread for new releases and updates on when its available ect

So i've looked up whats on My Prime which is available in other countries that has upc. I don't really see the difference between it and netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    So i've looked up whats on My Prime which is available in other countries that has upc. I don't really see the difference between it and netflix.

That's what upc will try and hope to achieve.
    It will be intresting to see how Long it takes them to get usa primetime uploaded

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DanVanDan

Is My Prime Available yet? I can't find it on my UPC... Horizon Max customer...

Cheers,

Dan

DanVanDan wrote: »
    Is My Prime Available yet? I can't find it on my UPC... Horizon Max customer...

Cheers,

Dan
    nope, not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

i've moaned to UPC about this already but have to say again how ridiculous it is that they up the cost but tell customers that the cost will be offset by this brilliant new service coming. UPC then give you 30 days to break your contract with no penalties but those 30 days expire before the new service goes live, and now that it's February, the month when My Prime should be live, when I've asked them on twitter and over the phone what the plans are for the service they tell me nothings available to share yet.

my fault for not leaving when i had the chance but will definitely be moving away when my contract expires

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There should be some news on this, if not today, then certainly this week.

Details now available here:

http://www.upc.ie/television/my-prime/

Small expansion in the box sets available. Movie selection reasonable - although not as many movies as Netflix there appear to be more recent releases.. Long time UPC customers who haven't got the Horizon STB seem to be (for no good reason) excluded from this.

icdg wrote: »
    Details now available here:

http://www.upc.ie/television/my-prime/

Small expansion in the box sets available. Movie selection reasonable - although not as many movies as Netflix there appear to be more recent releases.. Long time UPC customers who haven't got the Horizon STB seem to be (for no good reason) excluded from this.
    logined and they want to charge 1.99 to rent a movie for 2 days?????

Seems to be a bit of teething problems alright, all but 26 of the films disappeared this afternoon but UPC say they're working on resolving the issue.

Well to add insult to injury the My Prime category is present for Mediabox customers and fully browsable, but no content can be played, not it seems due to any technical limitation, but the conditional access system, which won't let us - even Digital Max triple play customers - view it.

Effectively it seems like a carrot to get customers to abandon the stable Mediabox platform for the less stable Horizon platform.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've found the Horizon box has improved a lot over the time I've had it. Still bloated and the navigation is frankly bizarre, but everything works and the extra features I couldn't now live without.

That said, not seeing anything on Prime that really excites me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Had a look at what is available on my prime on the site. Not very impressive. Hopefully it will improve over time.

The site is wrong - it's showing only 26 movies available when there is a good deal more.

icdg wrote: »
    The site is wrong - it's showing only 26 movies available when there is a good deal more.
    i saw a thread on the upc help desk fourm , They are having problems

Advertisement