Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Group texting app

Options
  • 04-02-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello there,

I work for a small organisation with just two of us working but we deal with many, many parents and students. We are looking for an app for Android, Apple and online that would allow us to send and receive text messages to and from parents to one of our phone numbers but we would both be able to access it and reply with the same number.

It would need to store the parents phone numbers and allow us to send bulk messages from wherever we are and from either of our devices - I have an Android and my colleague has an Iphone.

Has anyone any suggestions of anything that might work for this? I've been trying to search and the closest thing I have come up with has been Jellybean.

Cheers and thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Are Viber and WhatsApp no good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sinrypiano

Hollister11 - not all our parents have Whatsapp or Viber! Not the most technological crowd!

NinetyforNone - I had been looking at that one but that doesn't allow parents to reply back unfortunately. It is mainly used for alerts.

Thank you though!

I'm looking at Webtext.ie at the moment. Has anyone any experience with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

sinrypiano wrote: »
    I'm looking at Webtext.ie at the moment. Has anyone any experience with these?

I've used their email to SMS conversion service in a previous job. Their service was reliable and we were happy with the cost considering the value of the service to us. I'm not sure if their particular solution fits yours need but just wanted to mention I had a good experience with them.

Have you checked out Skype? I'm not particularly familiar with all it's feature but this sound like something it would be well suited for. And it has an iPhone and Android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sinrypiano

Aswerty wrote: »
    I've used their email to SMS conversion service in a previous job. Their service was reliable and we were happy with the cost considering the value of the service to us. I'm not sure if their particular solution fits yours need but just wanted to mention I had a good experience with them.

Have you checked out Skype? I'm not particularly familiar with all it's feature but this sound like something it would be well suited for. And it has an iPhone and Android app.

Thank you for that! I'll definitely look into that one. I'm waiting to hear back from Webtext to see if they do fit our needs but it could work! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Have you tried something like cabbage?

• Advertisement
Advertisement