Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Hill and baptism

Options
  • 03-02-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi. I wonder can anyone shed some light on this. I was adopted from temple hill via St Patrick's guild in 1978. My non identifying info gives my baptism date and says I was baptised in St John the Baptist church in black rock. I have my original birth cert thanks to my own trace but I wanted to see if I could get my baptism cert too. However the parish office say there is no record of my baptism (they are searching using my birth name ie the name on my original birth cert). I have been told a variety of lies in relation to dates/ages already however I know my original birth cert is correct but can't understand why there is no record of baptism. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Might you have been baptised in or near the hospital where you were born?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wonder78

There's every chance. It's just that the non identifying info I received from
    St Patrick's guild States the date and location of baptism as that particular church. Could be more lies I guess!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We were just talking about it and my adopted mum said she thinks I was baptised in Westland Row,Maybe it is worth checking there?

Advertisement