Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Galway city center?

Options
  • 03-02-2015 6:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I know the Warehouse has a good reputation, but I'm living in the center and have a tight schedule, so I'd be looking for something as central as possible to save time biking around the place.

Free weights, punch bags would be a plus but not essential, and not exorbitant on the membership fee.

Doing an intensive prep course for next September at Uni, so busy, with limited funds basically.

I'm sure there's plenty, just not familiar with the area.

Any names?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Theres quite a few, knigfisher nuig is there but its usually pretty full and if youre on a tight schedule not great because ive often had to wait up to 30 minutes for a squat rack for example to be free .
    The planet seems to be highly recommended and theres a thread on the health and fitness forum where people are leaving really good reviews on it. Have no experience with galway city gym though. Warehouse really is the best of everything if only they'd gotten a better location....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Planet Health & Fitness is probably your best bet. It's big and a lot of equipment and just by Tesco on the Headford Rd.

Prices are €249 for 1 year, €179 for 6 months, €119 for 3 months and DD is €27 per month.

Advertisement