Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance for immediate cover help

Options
  • 03-02-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone who offers insurance for immediate cover of major dental work such as root canals? I need a root canal and it's gonna cost me €500 to get it done. Don't have that money to spare...

I need a option reasonably quickly as my tooth is causing a lot of discomfort. I'm having trouble sleeping at night with it a this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Can't really insure yourself against a pre existing condition. That's why companies put on lead in times to prevent it being used as emergency cover. Also with insurance it's a reimbursement process, so you have to pay the dentist and later claim off the insurance, so in the short term you would be paying the dentist and your insurance premium.

Look into just getting a first stage root canal and later completing it when funds allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Is there anyone who offers insurance for immediate cover of major dental work such as root canals? I need a root canal and it's gonna cost me €500 to get it done. Don't have that money to spare...

I need a option reasonably quickly as my tooth is causing a lot of discomfort. I'm having trouble sleeping at night with it a this stage.

As Fitz said, Insurance doesn't work like that. Like crashing your car and then trying to take out an insurance policy afterwards…...

Advertisement