Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Matthews Band - 3 Arena - November

Options
  • 03-02-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭

Great news...time to re-live those fading J1 memories :D

Seen them in the Point many moons ago, superb live band as anyone who has heard their many live albums will agree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can't seem to find a price anywhere, anyone know anything about this? Would be very tempted to go, just hope it doesn't sell out too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Mushy wrote: »
    Can't seem to find a price anywhere, anyone know anything about this? Would be very tempted to go, just hope it doesn't sell out too fast.

Tickets from €69.50 (limited to 6 per transaction) go on sale February 13th at 10am and will be available to purchase from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide [\quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

saucy price for a ticket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

seachto7 wrote: »
    saucy price for a ticket :(

I thought so too, and I'm a big fan of DMB. For a group that has never had a huge following over here I think they are a bit ambitious setting that price.
    In saying that, they are an excellent band, especially live and in the 3Arena with the good sound attributes etc. it could prove to be a very good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Can't imagine them selling out the point. I could count on 1 hand the amount of people I know that would ever have heard of them. I'll be there though. Great band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

the last time they played the o2 it was a small enough crowd, the whole seating section was closed off. Looking forward to it but November seems so far away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I just picked up 4 standing, 25% off through ulster bank makes it all the sweeter but I'd have had no problem paying full price. The last gig in the O2 was phenomenal and I'd say there was between 8-10,000 at it - there was a curtain across about half of the seated sections but it wasn't completely closed. They're an absolutely phenomenal live band and the O2 gig was second only to seeing them in Brixton Academy in June 09 which was just incredible (they released it as a DVD shortly after but it really didn't capture how great it was, the atmosphere was truly electric). Really looking forward to it, there's about 10 of us going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DUB0207-old

Shred wrote: »
    I just picked up 4 standing, 25% off through ulster bank makes it all the sweeter

Wow, that's great! Never knew Ulster offers such benefit...

Usually my budget is set in 55E but I dont mind going over because they are worth every cent although I must admit I wasn't happy with the outrageous 6.10 booking fee... its brings the final price to 75.60!!!

Anyway, by the sound of things this will be the best Friday 13th ever! It just happens the gig will fall on my birthday... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

DUB0207 wrote: »
    Wow, that's great! Never knew Ulster offers such benefit...

Usually my budget is set in 55E but I dont mind going over because they are worth every cent although I must admit I wasn't happy with the outrageous 6.10 booking fee... its brings the final price to 75.60!!!

Anyway, by the sound of things this will be the best Friday 13th ever! It just happens the gig will fall on my birthday... :D

If you have a uFirst account with ulster bank you can avail of a number of 'lifestyle benefits' such as this. Yeah the booking fee is ricockulous; 6.10 per transaction might be reasonable but per ticket is extracting the urine, good aul ticketmaster!
    That'll be a birthday to remember for you anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Anyone go along to this last night? What did you think? I loved it. What a band live, I love how they jam. The sound was brilliant where I was anyway, powerful stuff. Tim Reynolds is great, they all are sure. Chatting to an american fan afterwards, he didn't think much of the atmosphere. All about the music for me, I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

couldn't make it there myself but I've been looking at some posted videos, they sounded good as usual.
    RE the atmosphere at DMB gigs in Ireland...I felt the last time the atmosphere wasn't great either but the music was excellent.
    Perhaps we expect amazing atmosphere because of so many live albums they produce which capture the mood very well.

Advertisement