Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House Build & Water Charges

Options
  • 03-02-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hypothetical situation :D

-Bought a new house(new build) just got the keys this month
    -Its a new part of an existing estate & doesn't exist on google maps yet
    -Unlike the gas and esb utilities I dont have to do anything to get the water connected. For ESB & GAS i would have to ring and get connected

How will Irish Water know the house exists if no one registers?
    What is they're data source for new builds that go up in 2015? say a house gets built and completed in May, How and when will they know to send a bill or charge for water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

You ring them up and register with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 evilmf

I am in a similar situation. Rang them around November last year and said my house was not in their GIS and they needed the case to be handled by a specific team. They said was going to get a call in the next few weeks, but still waiting for it. Will have to ring again I guess...

Never received the application pack, and the place where my house should be is an empty site in their GIS (... and in google maps as well!)

Advertisement