Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Psychology.

Options
  • 03-02-2015 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm a Civil Engineering student but i've been always interested in learning Psychology. can anyone tell me how can i learn basic human psychology?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Pick up an introductory Psychology textbook, or have a look on Coursera, EdX or FutureLearn for free introductory courses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'd recommend Coursera, I took a few of their chemistry courses last year and they were better than anything I ever took at university. I always recommend Opening Skinner's Box: Greatest Psychological Experiments of the Twentieth Century by Lauren Slater. It's extremely fascinating, historical, and really covers the breadth of subjects classed as psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭First_October

I would highly recommend Paul Bloom's Introduction to Psychology lectures on Yale Open Courses. (They are on youtube and itunes U as well.) He's a great lecturer, and all the material is basic. Enjoy! :)

Advertisement