Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drew family from Cappanihane, Ballyagran

Options
  • 03-02-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I am tracing my family tree - Michael Drew family and Riordan family Cappanihane - I found them on the 1901 and 1911 census but just wanted to check out any graveyards in the area. I see there is a grave yard in Ballyagran and Colmanswell and just wonder by any chance does anyone know of any other graveyard I could try.

Thank you so much for any help you could give me

Warmest regards.

Caithlin Drew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dgosul

try the one in granagh

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Caithlin Drew

Thank you dgosul

I took your advice and called to Granagh graveyard on Valentine's day. This graveyard is from 1950. I was very lucky and met a woman and a young man who kindly directed me to Cappanihane - and there I was lucky to meet a woman and and man who directed me to a graveyard in Seanobotha which is a very old graveyard and I hope my relations are buried there - as it is in a lovely setting.

It was very moving to walk in their footsteps to the school they must have went to, to see the land they must have farmed and the graveyard they are buried in.

Many thanks again, Dgosul for your reply and to the lovely people I was lucky enough to meet in Cappanihane/Granagh

Advertisement