Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding wine from www.gourmondo.de

Options
  • 03-02-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi,

Could anyone recommend some nice and reasonably priced wine for a wedding on www.gourmondo.de? Both red and white.

I'm looking to order 9 cases in total.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

dave_t wrote: »
    Hi,

Could anyone recommend some nice and reasonably priced wine for a wedding on www.gourmondo.de? Both red and white.

I'm looking to order 9 cases in total.

Thanks

Fragolino. Red, white, rose.

Red is the best. Little bubbly. Strawberry flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OP, be aware that what you are proposing is illegal and your wine could be seized or you could be liable for VAT and duty.

It could get through fine but I'd be concerned about that amount of wine. Could you risk losing it all?

OP, be aware that what you are proposing is illegal and your wine could be seized or you could be liable for VAT and duty.

It could get through fine but I'd be concerned about that amount of wine. Could you risk losing it all?

To be honest I never heard that someone's parcel from gourmondo was sized. Personally I am buying from them for last 3 years and never had a problem.
    But maybe I am just lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Ordered from them twice before and wasn't hit for duty. No way I'd risk importing 9 cases though.

Greg81 wrote: »
    To be honest I never heard that someone's parcel from gourmondo was sized. Personally I am buying from them for last 3 years and never had a problem.
    But maybe I am just lucky.

I've ordered stuff from abroad in the past too but I was prepared to lose the item. I wouldn't want to take that risk with 9 cases of wine.
    Also, with that amount of wine, if caught, they might even consider prosecuting.

• Advertisement

I've ordered stuff from abroad in the past too but I was prepared to lose the item. I wouldn't want to take that risk with 9 cases of wine.
    Also, with that amount of wine, if caught, they might even consider prosecuting.

9 cases - 108 bottles Made similar order once or twice. Went through.

But as i said. Maybe I am just lucky.

Edit:

Anyway let us know OP how it ended if you proceed with the order. I am just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Folks - It is fine to give recommendations on the wines available from the distributor.

But just to be clear - advice on circumventing excise duty is not permitted. (Just in case anyone was going to ask for it or give it. ;))

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendations. I should have been clear. By 9 cases, I meant 9 cases of 6 bottles, so 54 bottles. A friend got their wedding wine from the site and recommended it.

In relation to it being illegal, I thought it was the seller's place to pay the duty and if not then I would need to cover it. Either way, thanks, I'll look into it.

In relation to it being illegal, I thought it was the seller's place to pay the duty and if not then I would need to cover it. Either way, thanks, I'll look into it.

The seller should have an arrangement with Irish revenue to pay the duty and VAT before shipping. I don't know of any off shore vendors that actually do this.
    As the site have not paid the duty, you are not just liable for it, you are illegally importing alcohol (smuggling).

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendations. I should have been clear. By 9 cases, I meant 9 cases of 6 bottles, so 54 bottles. A friend got their wedding wine from the site and recommended it.

Just to let you know if you are still interested Fragolino is 50 cents cheaper (per bottle) today and tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Greg81 wrote: »
    Just to let you know if you are still interested Fragolino is 50 cents cheaper (per bottle) today and tomorrow.

Ah crap, just saw this now. Thanks anyway. So busy with other things I haven't gotten around to even thinking about it.

Out of curiousity, are they all sparkling wines? I'm looking for non-sparkling wine.

Ah crap, just saw this now. Thanks anyway. So busy with other things I haven't gotten around to even thinking about it.

Out of curiousity, are they all sparkling wines? I'm looking for non-sparkling wine.

I would not call them sparkling. They are bubbly but just a little bit.

Advertisement