Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volcano Terra Tile 31x31cm (Right Price Tiles 2007)

Options
  • 02-02-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I am new this boards.ie but thought I would give it a go to see if anyone can help me in my little pickle.
    Doing some DIY work in my utility room and removing some units, which will uncover un-tiled sections of the floor.
    I purchased the tiles, Volcano Terra 31x31cm, in Right Price Tiles. Their supplier at the time was a Spanish Company called Gres Luna RPT no longer deal with GresLuna and have no stock of the tiles remaining.

Would anyone out there know what the best way would be to go about searching for a tile to match the ones I purchased 7 years ago, have spare tiles that match the above description, or any other helpful information.

As a new poster I cannot put a pic up but can send one if anyone thinks they can help

Regards,

Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Here's the 2 pictures Pat, hope you are successful with your search

DC

1b5038a7e9b6fdea9fff9e7fab564c2a.jpg[/IMG]

8fa7bbc069d8fba760c5ab440756c633.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Patsymahon

Thanks for posting them Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly to see if there is another company in Ireland, or even UK,who deal with them?
    I had a similar situation a few years ago when I needed extra tiles and the shop I had bought from was gone. By contacting the manufacturer I discovered a number of other stores who dealt with them and one of them ordered the tiles for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The way tile style recommended I deal with a situation like this was a tile with similar colours but a contrasting pattern. They suggested a wood-effect tile. This is what is done in commercial locations. It works well if the tile matches something else in the room.

Hi Wyldwood,

I think the original manufacturer, Gres Luna based in Spain, are no longer in business. Out tile shop couldn't supply a current contact number for them and internet searches haven't yielded anything for me either. So came on here to see if the tiles might have looked familiar to someone who might have them lying around.

Regards,

Pat

• Advertisement

Hi Antoinolachtnai,

That sounds interesting and the way things are going a potential solution.
    Would you be able to post a picture of what you did with your tiles so that I could get an idea of what the concept might look like?

Regards,

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Here's a few very quick photos. As you can see, I had to fit new tiles when I put in a big window. The odd time you will see it done in the middle of a restaurant floor.

Advertisement