Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain - I'm looking to rent long-term every winter

Options
  • 02-02-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a property to rent in Spain from October to May??? PM me please. Ireland is too cold in the winter, I have had enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Anyone got a property to rent in Spain from October to May??? PM me please. Ireland is too cold in the winter, I have had enough.

It's a big country. Do you know where you want to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Somewhere South of Spain or the southern Islands, looking for a mild winter. Need 2 bed property.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Somewhere South of Spain or the southern Islands, looking for a mild winter. Need 2 bed property.
    Palma is probably your best bet. Look for an off-season self servicing place, and you may get somewhere good. Do you need broadband, though? And do you speak Spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

the_syco wrote: »
    Palma is probably your best bet. Look for an off-season self servicing place, and you may get somewhere good. Do you need broadband, though? And do you speak Spanish?

I would want broadband and am just starting to learn Spanish online. There are Spanish courses here in Galway I am considering also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Granada is a great place and you can get rentals pretty cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

PM sent OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

you do know that Spain gets cold as well?

Malaga can be freezing in the winter, especially the nights and the houses are not built for it. Further in land (granada/seville) are cold at this time of year as well all round (below freezing at night)

The Balearics are so-so this time of year, usually hovering around the 10-15c mark in the day. My sister in law lives in Palma (her husband is from there) and it's barely in the teens for most of the winter.

Head to the canaries for proper warmth

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the_syco wrote: »
    Palma is probably your best bet.
    Be careful. Palma De Mallorca is 2,500km from La Palma. :)

Advertisement