Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for first time buyer

Options
  • 02-02-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hello,
    Newbie here, I have learned a lot from previous posts as a lurker :( thanks for all replies and sharing your experiences...
    I need a very new opinion about the market and current regulations and offers... What is your personal experience and knowledge please. I know current interest rates are anywhere from 3.7 to 4.5 %. I am with Ulster bank with my wife but their rates seem high from a first impression.
    The 20 % deposit is ok luckily that we share the flat with some1 and been saving very well.
    Any recommendations on best mortgage plans (3 br semi detached house) for paying back mortgage over 25-30 years, for a loan value (75 to 80 % of total value) of let's say 200,000 €?
    What is to be aware of (anything related to tax, paper work, contract points...).. what can save us money now and later. How about mortgage brokers (I guess they take 300-500 € fee).

I won't take your opinion as a financial advice and I understand that no one is or should be responsible of anything in this thread.

Advertisement