Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Manager % Bonus

Options
  • 02-02-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

I am trying to establish a fair % bonus for an upcoming salary negotiation.
    I'd fall into the "PM with 5-10 years experience" bracket.
    Currently at 8% and my feeling is that is low. (This is a maximum achievable figure)

Appreciate any comments.

Wavey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Escapees

Bonuses really depend on whether PM targets were achieved and related performance. Also depends on your base salary/wage level which might be on the high side if max bonus % is on low etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Can you benchmark the bonus against what's typical in the industry? I've noticed a lot of recruitment firms are advertising their salary surveys, could be useful as backup.

Do they actually pay up to the achievable bonus, or is this just notional? Not much point negotiating for 20% (just as an example) when the effective ceiling is 5%, and you could use your leverage on something attainable.

Advertisement