Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Connect AMP & Ceiling Speakers

Options
  • 02-02-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Looking for some advice...

We'd like to have ceiling speakers in every room streaming music from our iPad but also from a CD player and Record player. Someone suggested we go with Sonos. I'm wondering if anyone might know if using the Sonos Connect AMP and six ceiling speakers spread through four rooms would work?

Also, the AMP would be the biggest expense so would we compromise sound quality if we bought just regular none branded ceiling speakers...(the white one's you tend to see in commercial buildings)...

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Olong wrote: »
    Looking for some advice...

We'd like to have ceiling speakers in every room streaming music from our iPad but also from a CD player and Record player. Someone suggested we go with Sonos. I'm wondering if anyone might know if using the Sonos Connect AMP and six ceiling speakers spread through four rooms would work?

Also, the AMP would be the biggest expense so would we compromise sound quality if we bought just regular none branded ceiling speakers...(the white one's you tend to see in commercial buildings)...

Thanks for your help!

Are you looking for different zones in these different rooms, i.e. play music in one room and different music in the other? If so you will need multiple Connect-Amps.
    You can indeed connect a CD player using the RCA connections. Investing in a small NAS server to store your music might be a better option.
    With regard Speakers, yeah you don't have to go expensive, but certainly look at larger sized ones, i.e. 8"+ for better sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Olong

I don't have a very big budget..is there another way of doing this? Can i have an AMP sitting in one central location with all 6 speakers wired back to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Yes you can, but what do you want to achieve, all on at the same time, music in different rooms with different music in each, i.e. Play one song in Kitchen and a different song in Living Room etc?

Advertisement