Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stable to Stable

Options
  • 02-02-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Whatever happened to this Equestrian Forum? Looked to be very active up until the end of 2013, and then just stopped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Unfortunately it was hacked and this caused a lot of issues - it is back online but it was down for about a month or so and it seems most people simply stopped posting;

Also there is a bug where the homepage is not up to date - so it looks like there have been no posts since 2013 but if you click on General News fore example - you will see there are some more recent posts in there;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

The forum's never really been overly active. I mean, the most recent general chat thread is probably the longest I've ever seen since I joined, all those years ago (although, my memory is awful so could be wrong). It seems to come in swells too, so there'd be a lot of activity then none, and then a lot. It's usually new members that ask questions and then older members answer so unless there's a few new members, there's generally not a lot of traffic.

I suppose I am biased as I was involved with the forum but I would have found it really active back in the day. I have to say I really missed it when there were problems with it and have not really found a replacement for it. I found it a great source of knowledge :o

There were alot of very knowledgeable people who were always happy to help. That being said I have met most of them in person now and would consider some of them good friends now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

bob1984 wrote: »
    I suppose I am biased as I was involved with the forum but I would have found it really active back in the day. I have to say I really missed it when there were problems with it and have not really found a replacement for it. I found it a great source of knowledge :o

There were alot of very knowledgeable people who were always happy to help. That being said I have met most of them in person now and would consider some of them good friends now :D

I always found it very active too, until the downtime/issues with the front page. As bob says it was a great source of knowledge, it's a shame it fizzled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I thought it seemed quite active alright. Anytime I search for something it came up. People don't seem to be posting on it anymore, I tried registering for an account and couldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

such a pity - was always a wealth of information! I think if the bug with the homepage was fixed, it could get active again cause people would know about new posts! :)

Does anyone even moderate it anymore though, or is it just left to fend for itself?

I suppose I am still a mod - I check it every now and then but there is no-one ever on it and new registrations have been stopped as if it is opened again it will be hacked straight away :(

bob1984 wrote: »
    I suppose I am still a mod - I check it every now and then but there is no-one ever on it and new registrations have been stopped as if it is opened again it will be hacked straight away :(

Ah. That's why I couldnt join.

Pity! Looked to be a good forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Aw it was brill miss it!! We have a facebook group for old members if you want to join?

• Advertisement

lyoness wrote: »
    Aw it was brill miss it!! We have a facebook group for old members if you want to join?

That'd be great, could you PM me the details? :)

Advertisement