Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somewhere to donate grab bars and shower surround

Options
  • 01-02-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭

hi, I hope this is the right place to ask what might be an unusual question. I recently bought a house which was fitted with a number of grab bars, as well as an accessible shower tray with low surround.

I will be removing these and was hoping that they might be re-usable. is this the kind of thing that the wheelchair association etc would accept?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That is a very good idea, though I doubt whether the Wheelchair association would have the facilities to deal with them. I would think a more local charity that installs such items might be more able to use them might be better.

The best alternative might be the one that is the easiest, give them into a Charity shop, then the shop makes a few euros and someone can pick up cheaply an item that would be put to good use in a relative's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

thanks for the reply. yeah i was unsure re the wheelchair association, which is why i asked here. i'll have a look around for a good charity shop option, age action might be the most appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

hi, I hope this is the right place to ask what might be an unusual question. I recently bought a house which was fitted with a number of grab bars, as well as an accessible shower tray with low surround.

I will be removing these and was hoping that they might be re-usable. is this the kind of thing that the wheelchair association etc would accept?

If you havent already given these to a charity shop I might be interested depending on your location and the size of the shower tray, pm me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

I'd be interested in finding out about a location to donate barely used items for disability if you've found one. I have a toilet surround frame, a still in box commode chair, stairs chair lift, grab handle for bed and some other items that we bought for my grandmother who only used them for a few weeks before she died last month.
    Did you have any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Sorry for your loss. It might be worth ringing the Alzheimers Society or Irish Wheelchair Assoc and see if they'd be interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement