Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septoplasty, Price and Insurance Cover

Options
  • 01-02-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was hoping to get some insight from someone that might have gone through this process. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how much a septoplasty costs in Ireland and if any Irish health insurance plan covers it.

Any comments or PM's would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

gar44 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I was hoping to get some insight from someone that might have gone through this process. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how much a septoplasty costs in Ireland and if any Irish health insurance plan covers it.

Any comments or PM's would be greatly appreciated.

€2,000 approx for the surgery, takes 20mins.

I got it done last year, VHI covered all the cost of surgery only, except the initial pre surgeon visit and post op visits, I got it done in the Sports Surgery Clinic by Cliff Beirne, see link

http://www.sportssurgeryclinic.com/consultants/cliff-beirne/20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

you basically visit your GP, they then give you a referral letter to the Surgeon.

VhI will not cover the cost of initial appointment, which costs €180 approx.

Then you have the post operative visit which is not covered either by VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gar44

Hi kravmaga,

Thank you so much for your replies, your information will be extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 T_86

what VHI plan do you have/do i need to get for a septoplasty? and are the waiting lists long?

Advertisement