Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Matrix 05 worth to recover or not

Options
  • 01-02-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi!

After having an acquaintance of an acquaintance (I know how stupid can one be) changing the break discs, pads and an outer cv joint of my car I ended up with a car I cannot even drive.
    There was a vibration in the car straight after the work was done but after I had to drive 250 km to Dublin and back the vibration went mad.

When I took it to service straight after coming back from airport, this was found out:
    broken inner cv joint and abs sensor on the side outer cv joint was changed, both break discs warped and top slider seized on one side. A bushing cracked on the other side.

Also found that inner tie rods have to be changed. The front shocks are leaking, rear and front engine mounts worn, bushings and anti-roll bar have to be replaced. My car is smoking white smoke when driving but has an NCT on til 07/16.

the local mechanic said he would replace the inner tie rods, pushings on both sides and the front inner cv joint for 150 euros. the parts cost would add up.

How stupid would be to put that car back on the road with these kinds of works? Thanks for the ideas.

Comments

Advertisement