Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving job after a couple of weeks - want to work notice?

Options
  • 01-02-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Due to unforeseen circumstances I'm going to have to resign from my (very new) job in a couple of days. I worked less than a week with them and then had to take some unpaid leave suddenly for family reasons, and these reasons (caring for sick parent) are why I can't return to the job on a permanent basis.

My contract states a 4-week notice by either side. There is provision elsewhere for a probationary period but notice during the probation is not mentioned. To be honest I could do with the money from working the month as financially I'm on my knees, but given the short amount of time I've actually been at work with them can they insist I just don't come back if I resign?

I would love to keep the job but the demands of that and my other responsibilities are not something I think I could manage well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Sorry for your family issues OP. discuss the situation with them, in my experience employers are very understanding in these situations.

Advertisement