Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Iphone to Buy

Options
  • 01-02-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have a HTC one mini but am seriously considering a move from android to apple (first time ever). Also decided that i am finally financially stable enough to go on bill pay. The best offers i can find seem to be with o2 mainly because they offer 6month contracts as opposed to most other networks who only offer 24month contracts which don't appeal to me at all.

My problem is I cannot decided which i phone i want. Either iphone 5s 64gb or iphone 6 16gb. Both work out at the same price.
    The 5s appeals to me because i actually rather the smaller screen and obviously the larger memory. But then again i wonder should i not get the newest device when the prices are the same.

All advice greatly appreciated. Especially if you have owned both phones or gone though this same dilemma. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I haven't used the 6 but I have used the 5s and the 4s. Switched from the 4s to the 5s and after a few days I realised how much better the 4s was. The 5s is now in my drawer in my bedroom. The 4s is the best phone I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

hefferboi wrote: »
    I haven't used the 6 but I have used the 5s and the 4s. Switched from the 4s to the 5s and after a few days I realised how much better the 4s was. The 5s is now in my drawer in my bedroom. The 4s is the best phone I've ever used.

What makes the 4s so much better than 5s hefferboi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

shaunac93 wrote: »
    What makes the 4s so much better than 5s hefferboi?

Battery life was the main one for me. The 5s battery was shockingly bad I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The 6 is a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You'd soon get used to the screen on the 6. I don't know anyone who hasn't. Go for the 6.

• Advertisement

for those of you saying go for the 6..do ye think the 16gb is enough or should i go 64gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

for those of you saying go for the 6..do ye think the 16gb is enough or should i go 64gb?

16GB is quite small if you intend to have music on it. Go 64gb.

kaerobe wrote: »
    16GB is quite small if you intend to have music on it. Go 64gb.

will more than likely use spotify premium so wont be storing music on phone, wouldnt be able to affort ipone 6 64gb would have to be 5s 64gb if i was to go with extra storage

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As per usual it's not possible to give you a specific answer
    I personally prefer the 5S over any other model or even the 4S but it's simply a preference.

Watch a few reviews
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_oXd1efKnw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

iPhone 6 is the one to go for. You will get used to the size within a day or 2, it's newer and it will be supported longer by Apple.

I think you're mad to buy it on a 6 month contract though. How much is it going to cost you? About €560/570? If I was spending that much on it, I'd rather buy it sim free directly from Apple (€699). This give you the option of not getting tied into any contract, and you can then go with the rolling 30 day plans with any of the providers which will be better value than a normal contract. You will have the freedom to change provider at any point, the phone will be unlocked, and if you decide to sell it, it'll be worth a little bit more and be a bit easier to sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I have the 5s for work and 6 as my personal phone. The bigger screen was strange at first but as someone else said you get used to it. I prefer the 6 overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

I think the 5 , 4s or maybe the 5s mainly because newer models will be a good bit more expensive when the 5 and 4s are ALMOST just as good however bare in mind I have a 4s and a 5 and the reason I bought a 5 was because I updated the 4s to ios8 which slowed it down , the 5 runs ios8 perfect ,

If you must be choosing between the 5s and 6 I would say if you don't need the extra storage get the 6 mainly for battery and speed

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Am in the same boat, getting a iphone but cant decide which to get iphone 6 64GB or iphone 5s 32GB. Really like 5s size but 6 looks better just a tab bit big maybe I will get use to it. Decision decision

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

6 plus is where it's at! You won't regret it!

FourFourFM wrote: »
    6 plus is where it's at! You won't regret it!
    I'm not made of money :p already strugglying to come to terms with the price i'll b paying for 5s/6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭jay2k6ie

I'm not made of money :p already strugglying to come to terms with the price i'll b paying for 5s/6

I have an iPhone 5 thats still working perfectly, I haven't broken the screen or had any issues with it and I got it 2nd hand quite soon after it came out.

From what I've seen and experienced I will be upgrading soon to an iPhone 5S 64GB. The reason for this is that the only thing that really bothers me about my iPhone 5 is the lack of storage.

I don't want the 6 because its too slippy and the screen replacement prices are extortionate at the moment and will continue to be for at least another year. I think the 5 is a solid phone and I like the feel of it, particularly the fact you can do everything comfortably using one hand.

Advertisement