Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP alarm

Options
  • 01-02-2015 2:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get an alarm which I will install myself. Remote monitoring, control and notification would be good.

I see various GSM alarms, but not any alarms that would use thr internet for connectivity.

Do they exist? If so any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most good systems now have IP connectivity with free apps and free monitoring over IP via push notifications and or email alerts.
    The ones I would recommend are
    Siemens
    GSD
    And Risco.

HKC have this but they charge for every app you download plus you have to pay a €60 subscription every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

I'm looking to get an alarm which I will install myself. Remote monitoring, control and notification would be good.

I see various GSM alarms, but not any alarms that would use thr internet for connectivity.

Do they exist? If so any recommendations?

If using the HKC system I would recommend using a GSM-SC, this uses its own roaming sim card and is not reliant on your mains being on. The subscription covers the fee for the roaming sim. Can also be set to text you for alarm activation which is good as people travelling outside the country may not have a roaming plan and have data on their phone on.

Advertisement