Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festool

Options
  • 31-01-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey have been a joiner for ten now and have built up a nice collection of tools( dewalt, makita mainly). Have heard great things about festool and have used a few tools over the years. I really like the fact they all work together( dust extraction can be used on all tools and track also). Am thinking of changing over to festool and am wondering if there is any deals that you can get or where is the best place to buy the stuff. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

davidwoods wrote: »
    Hey have been a joiner for ten now and have built up a nice collection of tools( dewalt, makita mainly). Have heard great things about festool and have used a few tools over the years. I really like the fact they all work together( dust extraction can be used on all tools and track also). Am thinking of changing over to festool and am wondering if there is any deals that you can get or where is the best place to buy the stuff. Cheers

Deals are very hard to come by.

I have bought mine from axminster so can't help with places in ireland to source the stuff.

Have fun with it though, you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BenAtar

I got my track saw TS55RBQ from Slingers in the U.K. I saw their ad on Amazon. No great deals to be had, a few Euro difference here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I read somewhere that Festool refuse to deal with retailers who discount - so no online bargains to be had.
    The tools are great quality and unique like the Domino so often there is simply no choice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davidwoods

Yea was looking at the domino it looks great and quick to use. Do you have the 500 or 700 model?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Most of me tool are festool cant fault them at all you pay for what you get have a cordless for 10 years now still going strong bearings can pack up on the plunge saws but that's with alot of work and theirs plenty of places that will get that sorted. Sent of a 8 year old plunge saw to get fixed festool or the crowd who was fixing lost the saw festool gave me a free TS55RBQ compared to the old saw the TS55RBQ is a completely different saw lovely to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

The Festool gear is in a class of its own. You pay for what you get and you won't get customer care like it with any other manufacture. I work my tools hard as they make me my living. I don't treat them like a baby but with lots of care. I had a saw in repair before and they collected it for free by dhl, sent me a loaner one while mine was in for repaid by dhl and sent my repaired one by dhl as well. I also got a replacement lead for my jigsaw for free off them. I have their mini Hoover as well for all my stuff and it's brilliant. I can't imagine using tools without the Hoover anymore. It saves so much time on cleaning up and leaves my nose and lungs a lot healthier with so much less dust from everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davidwoods

Cheers lads , for all the post. Think it's decision made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Yea was looking at the domino it looks great and quick to use. Do you have the 500 or 700 model?

The 500 model. I think for big mortise and tenon joinery I would just use conventional joints ---unless I win the lottery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Festool is worth the extra money, I got parts for a 14 year old sander recently, great back-up from festool. Not many discounts to be had online, if you ring the shops you may do better if buying more than one item,

Advertisement